Monday, February 4, 2008

Organic Food for Sam

I've ordered a sample bag of organic parrot pellets for Sammy to try. He hasn't liked any other pelleted food that we give him and I've read that you shouldn't give him all seeds that these could cause fatty liver.

I ordered it from www.birdtricks.com. This site has been extremely helpful in every aspect of having and keeping a happy bird. They actually say that even picky parrots love this stuff. So I'm waiting to see if it is the cure all it professes to be. I read that this food can make happier birds and also can keep some feather pickers from picking. Here is the testimonial that I got.

"31% of Parrot's Biting Problems Are Caused By Being On A Seed Based Diet"

"I want let you know how much I enjoyed receiving your new organic pellets. My cockatiel, who is a very picky eater, actually devours them! It’s the first pellet any of my birds have touched.
We are working on getting the Senegal to eat them but the ‘tiel really needed the nutrition as he has been doing some plucking. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with it, but he has not been plucking since a few days after he began eating the pellets! Thank you for giving us an affordable choice of pellets."
-- Maureen
We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did Sammy like the food? I have been looking at this food as well for my Quaker.