Monday, February 11, 2008

Wow!

Friday afternoon I had Sammy in my office (bedroom) sitting happily on his perch, when seemingly out of the blue he flew off screeching his head off. I didn't know what happened until it happened again today. After I went to get Sammy, I just happened to look outside and saw a large hawk in the front yard eating something. I have a few bird feeders next to the window and I bet both times the hawk flew at a bird on or near the feeder and Sammy thought he was a goner. Poor baby. I'll remember to close the blinds when he's in here.

On another note, I was visiting youtube.com looking at parrot videos worthy of you, my few readers. I watched a lady make cornbread for her birds. She put chopped up veggies in there too and her birds just snarfed it up. So I made some today and Sam love love loves it. But I think it has too much sugar in it so from now on I'll make it from scratch.

FYI: The new Chips Ahoy! 100 calorie pack candy bites are to die for.

More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Oreo candy bites are good, too!

Anonymous said...

I know... That's why I gained weight this time instead of losing. Beware!!!